Sri Vidyanikethan School, started in 1988, teaches children from pre-primary to 10th Standard at highly subsidized rates, affordable for families living below the poverty line. 90% of the children studying in Sri Vidyanikethan School come from families living in slums in neighboring slums. Sri Vidyanikethan School has gone beyond providing of education to regularly interact with parents and corporate to ensure continuity in the children’s education and to make it as enriching as possible. At present, about 200 children are studying in the school.
Highlights of activities during 2016-2017
- Accenture volunteers interacted with the school children on several days and gave various types of stationary, art and craft accessories to the children.
- The Royal Bank of Scotland invited the school children during Deepavali festival to their office, and conducted a badminton tournament for them. The employees of RBS collected funds to purchase and done office furniture for the school including almirahs.
- Seven of the twenty children of Vidyaniekthan got educational support from the Department of Education, Government of Karnataka under the Right to Education Act.
- Till date, about ( ) students have have passed out from the schools,
- Has made is possible for families working in the unorganized sector to access affordable good quality schooling for their children
- Location friendly and distance friendly to families has ensured regular attendance and reduction in school drop outs.
- Awareness among the children about child rights (Right to education, right to health, rights to play.
- Children have access to regular extracurricular activities and exposure visits, which their parents cannot otherwise afford
- Increase in interest among the parents about their children’s education and overall development.
- Foundation for development in future
- Engagement with corporates helps the children to interact with new groups of people, and enables participation in new activities.