Vidyanikethan takes pride in the skills development training programme that is being supported by Accenture and CAF. This is the fifth year of conducting tailoring & Embioderdary classes for adolescent girls and women from neighboring areas. So far 580 women are trained in different Multi crafts courses. The objectives of the programme are
- To provide opportunities for inclusive development for women that will benefit at an individual level, family level and the social level
- To provide opportunities to women to supplement their family income through training in income friendly skills
- To promote gender well-being and personal wellness through sessions on life-skills, rights and health, among other issues.
Overall impact of the tailoring course
- Participants have learnt the basics of tailoring but also about as market friendly garments with adequate theoretical and practical classes.
- The participants got a good idea and practice to tailor cloth based products or utility items such as cloth wallets, aprons, purses.
- Most participants are benefitting financially as they are saving money by stitching their own garments
- Many ladies have started taking orders for blouses
- A few ladies have got job placement in garment factories as companies give preference to ladies with tailoring skills
Overall impact of the Spoken English course/ computer training course